Guide to Hiring Virtual Assistant in the Philippines – If you’re running a business, chances are you could use some help. You may need reliable IT support, administrative duties, or even just a hand with your social media accounts.
Not to worry! There’s plenty of talent in the Philippines that would be more than happy to assist you on various levels. Being a virtual assistant doesn’t require an office – all you need is internet access! We’ve put together this guide to help guide you through the process of hiring a VA from this exciting country.
Here Are the Basic Guidelines
- Know what you need. If you have a general idea of your needs, then you’re much closer to finding the right candidate.
- Hire the right person for the job. You don’t want to hire a person who’s a poor fit for your job when you could have hired someone who would be amazing at it!
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate. Virtual assistants in the Philippines are priced in accordance with their skill sets; if someone has a great deal of knowledge and experience and still isn’t charging you enough, that’s an opportunity to negotiate!
- Hire in stages. It’s more efficient and effective to have someone on retainer rather than hiring them only for short periods of time.
- Develop a check and balance system. This will help you review your virtual assistants (and the work they’re doing) regularly, as well as provide you with a clear idea of what’s going on with your business.
- Perks don’t hurt. If someone is truly exceptional, then it may be worth it to put in a little extra money to get them temporarily.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for references. A good initial reference will save you from spending time trying to find a perfect fit that doesn’t exist (or has turned out to not be all they said they were).
- Make sure you have an ongoing relationship with your virtual assistant. This will ensure that you’re both aware of the other’s needs and issues.
- Remember that being a virtual assistant can be more work in its own way. They have to be self-motivated and proactive, so they’ll need plenty of direction from you!
With all these guidelines, there should be no problem finding the perfect virtual assistant in the Philippines! The biggest difficulty is going to be in choosing one.
Here at Gig Village, we make things easier for you. You can go to our site and see all of the virtual assistants we have available. You can then sort by skill set, experience, or even location! If you don’t like what you see, you can post your job listing with us for free, and we’ll try to find someone who’s a good fit for your business.
Last but not least, remember that hiring a VA doesn’t have to be rocket science. So long as you keep your requirements in mind and find the right person for the job, they’ll be able to do everything you want them to.
Not sure where to start? Try browsing through some of our profiles right now! Visit our page, and we’ll do our best to help!